TR-516 F.A.P. Plus™ Pump and Filter/Regulator | DGSI Slope Indicator Environmental Products
Groundwater remediation pump for skimming in 2″ or larger wells
The F.A.P. Plus™ Pump consists of a flexible, special inner bladder and a flexible Buna-N® hose which forms the outer pump body. The integral controller is housed inside the stainless chamber and is factory preset for 15 cycles per minute. This provides the optimum pumping rate.
F.A.P. Plus Remediation Pump Applications
- LNAPL and DNAPL recovery.
- Recovery of a wide range of products from light-end hydrocarbons (with SSU Values of 80 or lower; for example gasoline, diesel fuel, hydraulic fluids) to more viscous products such as #6 heating oils. For applications recovering products with higher viscosities, the F.A.P. Plus™ may be used with our high-viscosity rod skimmers or our density skimmers.
The F.A.P. Plus™ groundwater remediation pump system consists of a flexible, special inner bladder and a flexible Buna-N® hose which forms the outer pump body. The pump operates by alternately inflating and deflating the annular space between the inner bladder and the outer hose. When compressed air is applied, the inner bladder collapses. When the air is exhausted, the inner bladder rebounds to its original shape thereby causing a suction which pulls fluid into the pump and up to the surface. The pump is capable of producing a suction of 17 inches of mercury for the recovery of viscous product and operation in deep wells up to 200 feet.
Filter assembly TR-748: The 5-micron coalescing and auto-drain device is used to filter compressed air to operate the pump. An element indicator provides a visual indication when the filter elements need to be serviced. The regulator allows the pump operating pressure to be set according to the depth of the pump.
F.A.P. Plus™ Pump System
The F.A.P. Plus™ Pump system is comprised of seven main components:
- F.A.P. Plus™ Pump (1*)
- Skimmer Assembly (2*)
- Well Clincher (3*)
- Filter/Regulator (5*)
- Pneumatic Overfill Protection Device (4*)
- Electric Air Compressor (not shown*)
- Hoses (not shown*)
* refer to product photo for reference
- Solar NAPL Compressor
- F.A.P. HF
TR-516 F.A.P. Plus™ Pump:
- Includes: F.A.P. Plus pump (TR-516) and Coalescing Filter/Regulator (TR-748).
Requires skimmer - Order separately
- Dimensions: 1.75 in-OD by 59 in long.
- Weight: 6 lb
- Air Requirements: 0.5 cfm at 100 psig (2.8 dm³ at 690 kPa)
- Operating Pressure: 60 to 100 psig
- Pump Capacity:
- 15 - 20 gal/hr at 10 ft DTH
- 10 - 15 gal/hr at 100 ft TDH
Based on gasoline through 3/8-in ID hose.
- Suction: 17 in Hg
- Flexible Buna-N® (outer bladder)
- Tygon® special (inner bladder)
- Connections: Brass, stainless steel
- Air Supply to Pump: 1/4 in-OD push-to-connect fitting
- Fluid Discharge: 3/8 in-ID hose-barb fitting
TR-748 Filter/Regulator (Coalescing):
- Dimensions: 10.3 in by 2.48 in
- Weight: 2 lb
- Range: 0 - 125 psi (Max 150 psi)
- Fittings: 1/4-in output push-lock fitting, 3/8-in inlet barbed fitting
- Capacity: Less than 1 psi pressure drop while passing 20 scfm at 100 psig
- Replacement Filter:
- TR-600217 Particulate filter
- TR-601157 Coalescing filter