Turf-Tec Professional Model Infill Depth Gauge for Synthetic Turf (IDG1-M)
Now, you can easily and accurately measure your infill material on artificial turf with the Professional Model Infill Depth Gauge. This highly accurate depth gauge is specifically designed to test the new infill artificial turf surfaces to determine the depth of the infill rubber or rubber and sand topdressing on artificial turf sports fields. This device will also assure consistency from one area to another to insure the playing surface has uniform depths of infill material across the entire playing surface.
The Turf-Tec Professional Model Infill Depth Gauge for for Artificial Turf is excellent for football, baseball, softball, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, cricket anyplace that infill, crumb rubber, crumb rubber and sand filled artificial or synthetic turf is used.
Having the proper amount of infill on your artificial turf fields will also increase the life of the surface.
Also keep in mind that infill does not break down, it often is just re-distributed to other areas of the playing surface. By using Turf-Tec Professional Infill Depth Gauge for Artificial Turf combined with proper grooming techniques and brushing, this will even out the infill better than just the addition of more infill or brushing and grooming alone. This will save time, money and labor and also produce better and safer playing surfaces.
- Place bottom aluminum foot plate firmly on infill surface
- Slide black center shaft down until three stainless steel spikes make contact with carpet backing
- Lift out and read gauge in inches or millimeters
- Note, you should check 2 or 3 areas at each location to get the average infill for that test area
- Test wear areas more frequently as these areas are usually where the infill is dispersed more frequently
- Professional Model Infill Depth Gauge - IDG1-M
- Measures from 0 to 2 inches or 0 to 50 mm
- Aluminum and Stainless Steel construction
- Weight: 8.5 oz / 232 g
- Size: 7.25 x 1.25 x 1.25 inch / 18.5 x 3 x 3 mm