B6C-LT Series B Low Tension 6" (15cm) | Irrometer Soil Solution Access Tubes (SSAT)
- For easy extraction of soil solution samples when testing salinity levels or plant nutrients in soil water, now with two series to choose from. Both series A and B require a vacuum source:
- Series A has vinyl suction line with rubber stopper seal and pinch clamp closure.
- Series B has polyethylene / neoprene suction line with threaded compression seal and ball valve closure.
- The SSAT is a suction lysimeter that allows extraction of soil water samples from various depths for measurement of nitrate levels, salinity, EC, and other chemical elements.
- When used in conjunction with tissue analysis for calibration, nutrient management practices can be developed which allow the grower to adjust the rate and timing of fertilizer applications, resulting in increased production with decreased fertilizer costs and reduced nutrient leaching.
- SSAT's are available in standard lengths between 6" and 72" and include a single suction line, stopper, and finger clamp.
- Tubes are available with either our standard 1 bar ceramic tip for use in medium to heavy soils, or with our Low Tension ("LT") ceramic tip for use with lighter soils and potting media.
- Suction line
- Line clamp
Model SSAT-B Features:
- Easy to install and use
- Standard ceramic tip (white) for most soil types
- Low Tension tip (blue) for sandy soils and growing media
- Positive ball valve closure
- Collects soil water sample at the root zone
- Ball Valve — Durable and simple to operate.
- Body — Constructed of tough durable plastic impervious to attack by soil chemicals or electrolysis.
- SSAT-Bs — are available in standard lengths of 6, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 60 & 72 inches (15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 cm).
- Ceramic to Plastic — connections are permanently leak proof.
- Ceramic Tip — has many times the strength of conventional tips and is more porous for quick response.