TR-070 1.3-inch Mini Bladder Pump (MBP) - PVC Body, Teflon® Bladder | DGSI Slope Indicator Low Flow Sampling Environmental Products
MBPs are designed to obtain a representative ground water sample with the assistance of a controller to provide variable flow rates.
- PVC or Stainless Steel (SS) outer body
- Teflon bladder
- ½, ¾, 1, 1.3 and 1.66 in dia.
The pneumatic Mini Bladder Pumps are designed to obtain a representative ground water sample with the assistance of a controller to provide variable flow rates. The controller allows the user to match the pumping rate to the well recharge rate, limiting the stress on the formation. With the small volume per cycle, the fluid velocity at the pump inlet is substantially reduced, making the pumps ideal for low flow sampling. The high efficiency design enables pump rates from 5 mL to nearly 2 L/min when used with one of DGSI Precision Dual Range Controllers. The 1.66 in diameter pump will produce flow rates up to 2 gpm.
The mini PVC Bladder pumps are an ideal choice for low flow portable or dedicated sampling applications where stainless steel is not required. This may be especially true in landfill applications. The 1.3-inch diameter pump can be installed in 2-inch and larger wells. The low stroke volume 35 ml per cycle substantially reduces the fluid velocity at the pump inlet when compared to traditional bladder pumps. The high efficiency design provides flow rates from 35 ml and allows sampling up to 200 feet. All pumps can be supplied contaminant free. Constructed of PVC, the pump uses a flexible squeeze type internal bladder. Bladder life is rated at several million cycles. The pump can be dissembled should access be required. Rounded bottom inlet reduces the possibility of the pump hanging up during installation. Integral screened fluid entry ports allows for point source sampling. 1/4” Push-Lok fittings provide for quick and easy tubing connections. A controller and an air source is required to operate the PVC Mini Bladder pump.
- The amount of pump submergence will affect the pump flow rate. Pump curves were developed with 10 ft submergence.
The bottom inlet of the pump is positioned at the desired sampling point, generally at the mid section of the well screen. The inner Teflon® bladder will fill with fluid based on the submergence of the pump. The annular space is pressurized using the controller and the liquid is gently lifted to surface. All pumps can be supplied contaminant free.
- In portable applications, the pump is easily decontaminated by submersing it in a cleaning solution such as Alconox®. Then the pump is cycled to circulate the solution through the internal components. This method avoids the need to replace bladders after each use.
Dedicated assemblies can be supplied to reduce cross contamination, well disturbance and facilitate installation. The pump, tubing and well cap assemblies are plastic bagged and each assembly is identified with your well ID number and the well depth.
Applications for Mini Bladder Pumps include:
- Specially designed for low flow sampling.
- Low flow ground water purging and sampling
- 1/2 inch and larger-diameter Sch 40 wells (stainless steel MBPs)
- 2 in Sch 40 and larger-diameter wells (PVC MBPs)
Full-Size Pneumatic Bladder Pumps
For applications that require higher flow rates, full-size bladder pumps are available with stainless steel, Teflon, or PVC bodies. The pumps fit 2-inch or larger wells, work to depths of 200 feet, and provide flow rates of up to 2 gpm.
Locking caps provide a convenient way to suspend bladder pumps in dedicated installations. The cap has an expandable gland that holds it firmly in place and seals the well to prevent entry of surface water or contaminants. The cap includes connections for a stainless steel suspension cable and fittings for tubing from the pump. A 0.75 inch port allow a water level probe to pass through so that water level measurements can be made.
Dedicated Bladder Pumps
Dedicated applications where the pump and tubing are permanently installed in the well may greatly reduce sampling costs and improve sample quality. This method reduces the mixing of the water column during installation of the pump that occurs in portable use. Normally this will reduce the stabilization time during low flow sampling. In the dedicated scenario the pump and tubing are connected at the surface to the locking well cap. The field technician will simply connect the air supply and discharge tubing to the bulkhead fitting suspended below the locking well cap and begin to sample.
DGSI offer two models of Bladder Pump Controllers:
- TR-032 Precision Dual Range Controller
- TR-03210 Precision Dual Range Controller with Built-In Compressor - Not recommended for wells deeper than 50 feet
Stainless Steel MBP Materials:
- Body: 304 Stainless Steel.
- Bladder: flexible Teflon®
Part Number | TR-042 | TR-037 | TR-035
- Diameter: 1/2 in | 3/4 in | 1 in
- Body Length (nom.): 118 in | 18 in | 18 in
- Stroke Volume: 20 m√¢¬á¬∞¬°¬á¬∞ | 51 m√¢¬á¬∞¬°¬á¬∞ | 95 m√¢¬á¬∞¬°¬á¬∞
- Max. Lift: 100 ft | 150 ft | 150 ft
- Tubing Size: 1/4 x 1/4 in | 1/4 x 1/4 in | 1/4 x 1/4 in
- Weight: 12 oz | 12 oz | 18 oz
PVC MBPs Materials:
- Body: PVC.
- Bladder: Teflon®
Part Number | TR-070 | TR-071
- Diameter: 11.3 in | 1.66 in
- Body Length (nom.): 1414 in | 20 in
- Stroke Volume: 135 m√¢¬á¬∞¬°¬á¬∞n | 175 m√¢¬á¬∞¬°¬á¬∞n
- Max. Lift: 150 ft | 200 ft*
- Tubing Size: 1/4 x 1/4 in | 1/4 x 3/8 in
- Weight: 14 oz | 2 lb
*Depths over 250 ft require the use of a drop tube (TR-041)